The tools that keep you informed
Fundamentals for Billing and Coding Professionals
The following documents are available for download:
Stay current on access to Amgen products
Register Your Office
The Amgen FIRST STEP™ program can help your eligible* commercially insured patients meet their deductible, co-insurance, and co-payment for select Amgen products.Visit Amgen FIRST STEP™ now
Your Eligible Patient
Make a one-time call to the Register Terminal
- Call 1-888-65STEP1
- Submit your merchant ID for the credit card terminal your office will use to swipe Amgen FIRST STEP™ co-pay cards
For patients prescribed an eligible Amgen product, identify patients prior to treatment initiation
Eligibility requirements and a list of brands covered by the Amgen FIRST STEP™ program are available at AmgenFIRSTSTEP.com.
Assist patients with registration by having them fill out required forms, available at AmgenFIRSTSTEP.com:
Enrollment form with eligibility questions
- Help your patient complete and submit
- Remember that the patient must be the one completing or reviewing and confirming eligibility questions themselves
Privacy Notice and Patient Authorization form
- Submit signed Privacy Notice and Patient Authorization form online or by fax (click on "Prefer to fax" button online and follow instructions)
Register patient before any treatment.
- Upon approval, card will be activated
Swipe patient's card to collect deductible, co-insurance, or co-payment for one dose of the Amgen product
First swipe: patient OOP cost share = $0
Subsequent swipe: Patient share = $5 (except for Prolia®, which is $25)
To submit Explanation of Benefits (EOB) and other relevant documentation, please fax 1-866-653-2972 or mail to: ConnectiveRx at 100 Passaic Avenue, Suite 245, Fairfield, NJ 07004 - ATTN: Amgen FIRST STEP™ Program. Submit EOB within 45 days of initial swipe.
Amgen Reimbursement Counselors can assist with submitting, storing, and retrieving benefit verifications for anyone currently on an Amgen product.Visit the Benefit Center
* Terms, conditions, and program maximums apply. This program is not open to patients receiving prescription reimbursement under any federal, state, or government-funded healthcare program. Not valid where prohibited by law.